Thursday, November 10, 2011

Christmas Movies

I am in love with Christmas, if you couldn't tell. And I love movies. So I am going to combine them today! Here's a list (in no particular order).


1. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, stop-motion of course. The holiday season just isn't complete without this touching story of finding yourself.


2. How The Grinch Stole Christmas. The animated version, of course, with Tony the Tiger singing. I HATE the Jim Carrey version. It totally jacks it up. The Grinch was never malicious, he just didn't like Christmas. (Even though Cindy Lou Who looks rather cute in the Carrey version.)


3. Frosty the Snowman. Again, the stopmotion. This movie goes hand-in-hand with Rudolph. It is ridiculously cute. I always feel bad when he melts.

4. Santa Claus is Coming to Town. I haven't seen this movie in forever and I really need to watch it. Because stopmotion is the best kind of animation. It's the story of Santa Claus and how he went from Kris Kringle to SANTA!!

5. The Year Without A Santa Claus. This just sounds sad and I really need to watch it. Santa is one of my favorite parts. It just feels like Christmas when I see him in the mall. It's, like, instant comfort.

6. Christmas Eve at the House of Mouse. I'm not sure that that's the title. But it's a super cute movie. A mish-mash of old film reels, new cartoons, and parodies of classic Christmas stories. I have it on VHS and it's so cute. I watched it this summer.

7. Last, but certainly not least, is Miracle on 34th Street. I love this movie. That little girl just breaks my heart and I get mad that nobody believes that it is Santa.

Well there you have it, folks. A nice little list of Christmas movies! Enjoy. Maybe go rent one or dig it out of the attic or buy it on iTunes. But, either way, they're wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment