Sunday, November 6, 2011

Audrey

I ran out of things to blog about so I went to the thing that knows the most about me: facebook. I decided to talk about SOME of my favorite movies. THEN, I decided that I have too many favorites SO I shall only post the ones that have my favorite actress ever!!
The Amazing. The Talented. The Wonderful. AUDREY HEPBURN!!! (This post is actually in pink because of one of her quotes. "“I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.” ― Audrey Hepburn)
Now, onto her movies.
First is the one that probably everyone has at least heard of. "Breakfast at Tiffany's." Made in 1961 with George Peppard and Audrey Hepburn as the leading characters, this isn't actually the film that "made" Audrey Hepburn. Though it is a pop-culture icon. Especially this picture:

Source

It is the most amazing movie ever and I love it to death. IMDb summarizes it as "A young New York socialite becomes interested in a young man who has moved into her apartment building." but it is so much more than that. It is a story of love and loss and finding yourself and fear and it is amazing. If you haven't seen it yet, you HAVE TO WATCH IT! (Invite me over when you do.)


Second is "Two for the Road" which was made in 1967. (It is my firm belief that ANY movie made during the 1950's or 1960's is amazing.) Again, IMDb summarizes it as "A couple in the south of France non-sequentially spin down the highways of infidelity in their troubled ten-year marriage." It is so cute and Audrey looks AMAZING in it! I don't actually own this one on DVD *sniffle sniffle* but it is saved on my TiVo.


"My Fair Lady." 1964. I would be surprised if I ever met somebody that hasn't heard of this movie. This is the very first Audrey Hepburn movie I ever watched and I was in love the first time I saw it. It is amazing and adorable and a musical and you need to rent it if you haven't seen it yet. Because it is pure magic.

"Paris When It Sizzles" is the funniest movie EVER. There are so many allegories to previous Audrey Hepburn movies, stereotypes of movie genres, and all-over amusement. I won't even summarize it because I want you to look for yourself. 

"Charade." I haven't actually watched the entire movie yet. But, from what I've seen, it's super cute. It's actually a suspense movie. "Romance and suspense in Paris, as a woman is pursued by several men who want a fortune her murdered husband had stolen. Who can she trust?" (I don't have it on DVD so I have to settle for watching it on Netflix.)

"Funny Face" is so cute. It's basically the story of an eco-girl that is against all things commercial that takes a modelling job simply because it gets her to Paris. (One of her favorite lecturers is speaking in Paris.) It is so cute and I love the fashion shown in this movie. (Dresses from 1957 are to-die-for.)


The movie that I have decided that I am named after. "Sabrina" it is all too cute and all too complicated and I won't explain it. But it is amazing and sweet and a love story but tragic. (Don't worry. It has a happy ending!) I love the dress that she wears in this scene. It was designed by Givenchy-- her favorite designer-- and it is so pretty.

In 1953, "Roman Holiday" was produced. THIS is the movie that really put Audrey on the market. "A bored and sheltered princess escapes her guardians and falls in love with an American newsman in Rome." And it is all too amazing. Just watch it and try not to love it. (That's impossible, just saying.)

No comments:

Post a Comment