Saturday, December 10, 2011

Inked

When I asked on my facebook what today's topic should be, I got the very good response of "tattoos!" from a very lovely, tattooed lady. So here it is. A post about tattoos.
I think tattoos are really cool and really pretty. To the horror of my grandmother, I would love to get some. Nothing stupid. Something meaningful and easily hidden. (I don't think it'd be beneficial to my career as a kindergarten teacher to have a large pot leaf and a rude word tattooed across my arm/chest/forehead. But a small Pokeball on my ribs won't hurt anyone.) So here are some tattoos that, while I may not want them, I would definitely complement somebody that had them.

Source
 This one is actually a quote from a Lady Gaga song.. I rather love it.

Source
 This one is a quote from "Peter Pan" but I'm pretty much a sucker for quote tattoos in general. You will see a lot of them in this post.

Source
 I applaud, love, and respect those who recognized where this tattoo was from. For those of you who didn't, you didn't lose any respect. It's a "Lord of the Rings" tattoo and quote. (No clue what it says below. I don't speak elvish.)

Source
 Ah.. A music tattoo<3 One of the most common but it's still rather cute. I know how to draw this!

Source
 So Google had crappy results for Frank Sinatra tattoos. Oh well.. Here's one. The best one I found.

Source
 Aaah! A quote tattoo AND a Harry Potter tattoo. I'm impressed. Not one of the best quotes but it was super cute and really good and I didn't feel like scrolling through 5,000 crappy/repetitive Harry Potter tattoos. I'm really lazy when I go to find pictures so I normally only look through the first two pages and glance at the third..

Source
 Like with the Frank Sinatra thing, Google SUCKS at giving me Sesame Street tattoos. So I took what I could get.. Oh well. This is cute. It's from "There's a Monster at the End of This Book".

Source
 An Audrey Hepburn tattoo<3 these are also really difficult to find good ones of. Most tattoo artists seem to have a problem with her nose.

Source
 A quote from one of my favorite movies, "Amelie", this says "times are hard for dreamers". Except it's in French. Like the movie..

Source
Aah! "Gone with the Wind". One of my favorite books AND my favorite movies.. So amazing.

Source
It's a "Lion King" tattoo.. 'Nuff said.

Source
 A "Fight Club" quote. I love some of the quotes from that movie/book and I felt that this would do. Chuck Palahniuk is a wise, wise man.
Source
"Where the Wild Things Are" is an amazing book. The movie's pretty cute, too.

Little ones can end this post now. The next tattoo may or may not be parentally approved.
Source
 So, sorry about the lack-of-shirt thing.. I just really liked this tattoo and she was covering herself. Plus, I'm guessing that more than 50% of you have boobs or "almosts" (mostly girls are the only ones that say they read my blog).. ANYWHO, I thought that this was a really pretty tattoo. I love tree tattoos. No clue why. But if you guys are really offended/felt that this wasn't at all appropriate or acceptable, I can take it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment