Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Thank You


Mrs. Booth,

This one's for you, Math Goddess. I just wanted to thank you for everything. Seventh grade started with a huge hatred of math. It had never been explained and made fun to me. Thank you so much for taking all that time to make sure everyone loved math. And thank you for loving and having a huge passion for your subject. 

People say it's rare to find such a passionate teacher. At CTC, everyone was passionate. But you far exceeded all of them. You were this huge ball of energy and light and math that really made coming to school fun. And thank you for it. There were some days that it was just too bleh and I didn't want to come. But I knew that it would let you down if I missed a single day of math. So I came, just the same. There were some days where the only reason I came was because you were there.

Thank you for helping me figure everything out. And I don't just mean math. Thank you for really helping me find out who I was and who I wanted to be. Thank you for helping me come out of my shell and really embrace everything. Thanks for helping me to realize that I didn't have to be like everyone else, and reassuring me that it's okay to be like everyone else.  Thank you for enduring my crazy outbursts and random side comments. They weren't productive but you weren't strict. You had one of the greatest classes.

Thank you for telling me that boys are dumb and that their brains aren't fully developed. Thank you for hugging me on the icky days, and on the good days. Thank you for being so passionate. Thank you for fighting to un-bury my inner mathematician. Thank you for dealing with the awkward person that walked in hating your subject and letting her bloom into the mathematician walked out. 

I really miss CTC some days. I miss the lack of structure. I miss the personal atmosphere. I know we hated it at the time, but I miss knowing everyone. I miss the no-PDA/gum/cell phones. I miss the odd classes. I miss everyone there. 

But every day I miss you and your class. Geometry gets boring and frustrating some days. I wish I could come back to the security blanket that was your classroom and just sit. I don't care if you're teaching simple addition, I want to be back there. You were the greatest teacher I've ever had and eighth grade ended too soon.

So, for the last time, thank you for everything you've done. Thank you for being so passionate about your subject and knowing every. single. student's potential. Thank you for fighting us tooth and nail until we gave you our all.

I miss you. I love you. I want to come home to CTC.

No comments:

Post a Comment