Monday, January 16, 2012

Oh Jeez

So, maybe it's where I live, but homophobia seems to run rampant around me. And, once again, I've gotten into a fight on gay rights. So, here are some points that have been brought up.



  1. Gay marriage will allow pedophilia. Well, this makes sense. Allowing two consenting adults to commit themselves to each other and show the greatest form of love and commitment will TOTALLY allow one adult to attack and force them self onto an innocent victim.. Okay.
  2. "The Bible says..." Well, it's nice to know that you are well-voiced in religion. However, America was founded upon liberty and justice for all and the statement, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." So, your religious argument against it really doesn't matter. It was set out from the beginning that America wouldn't choose a religion We can all believe what we want.
  3. It will affect the protection of a new generation. Well, first of all, America has ZPG at the moment. So we can barely cover our losses. And, secondly, I don't believe in raising my children as homophobic, narrow-minded people. 
That's all I can think of for now. Post ridiculous reasons you've heard against gay marriage and I will reply to/dispute them. I think debating is tons of fun so I'll do it all day long. Or comment with another issue you've heard about. I'd be interested to hear about them and, possibly, debate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment