Monday, January 9, 2012

Books =)

Source

As anyone who has met me can attest, I am a huge nerd. About really anything. I love, love, love math. I read a lot of books and a lot of classics (my self-esteem depends hugely upon what book I'm currently reading). I get science and ask my Biology teacher med-school questions. I listen to way too much music. From any decade. My forte is the 80's. (The other day, I actually amused Ben's mama and confused Ben by referencing a popular song. She knew the song and got the reference. He was confused. It was funny.)
Anyway, being the book-worm I am, I decided to blog about BOOKS! Books I've read, want to read, am reading, etc., etc.. Because, it kind of makes me happy. I have the Kindle app on my iPod (one of the few I have. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Scrabble, Netflix and Kindle.) Anywho! Let the fun begin!

Source


Books To Read Soon:
"Peter Pan in Kensington Gardens" and "Peter and Wendy" by the wonderful J.M. Barrie (I miss you, ChaCha)
"Adventures of Sherlock Holmes" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
"Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" and "Through the Looking-Glass" for the billionth time. Written by a Mr. Lewis Carroll
"The Legends of King Arthur and His Knights" by James Knowles
"Little Women" (again) by Louisa May Alcott
"The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood" by Howard Pyle
"A Midsummer Night's Dreams" by William Shakespeare
"Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen
"Treasure Island" by Robert Louis Stevenson
And fairy tales, fairy tales, fairy tales by everyone.

Books I am Currently Reading:
"What Would Audrey Do?" by Pamela Keogh (it's about Audrey Hepburn!! xD a modern-day guide to being Audrey-tastic.)
"Mythology" by Edith Hamilton (my English assignment. But I really like it.)
"The Wind in the Willows" by Kenneth Grahame

Source

Only three. I know. I'm surprised. Haha. So, a little on my Kindle app. I LOVE IT!! It is pure magic. One would think that a huge bookworm would get in trouble with it. But I don't. Amazon has so. many. free books! It's awesome. They're either out of copyright or written by volunteers or whatever. I don't think I have a single "modern" book on my Kindle. And my iPod would probably commit suicide if I tried to put "Twilight" on there. I checked it out of the library once (the librarians gave me weird looks.. I'd checked out "Gone with the Wind"-- which is also on my "To Read" list--, "Mein Kampf", and other such classics... Anywho) and refused to pull it out of my bag. When I did, I was very careful to make sure nobody saw that I had it.
So, yeah. I am kind of a book snob. But oh well. It sucks not reading any of the same material as my peers but I like it. I'd rather curl up with "Uncle Tom's Cabin" (which is also on my iPod) than struggle through "The Hunger Games" or "Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief". (Neither of which I have read. I get weird looks but, quite frankly, I tried to read Percy Jackson and was bored off my butt. Not hating or trashing the books. But I can't read those books. Sorry.)

No comments:

Post a Comment