Sunday, September 4, 2011

NC Apple Fest

So today we drove up to North Carolina for the NC Apple Festival and it was super fun!! We ate some gyros (it's pronounce yee-roh but SO MANY PEOPLE were pronouncing it guy-roh. *facepalm*) We walked around a bit and found a stand with super cute tutus and dresses, one with books about "Mango the Cat"-- those books are SUPER CUTE!! I must get one for Bug-- and one with (drumroll) VEGAN CHAPSTICK!! They made all their own and it was amazing! I tried the peppermint and it was minty but not "OHMYGOSH THIS IS BURNING MY EYES!!!" minty (laugh now but you know what I'm talking about) and my mama tried the apple. It's very nice and creamy. The brand is called Oh Wow! and she makes her own. Here's her website and she also has an Etsy account. My mom and grandmother bought 1/2 a bushel of apples and plan to make pies, applesauce, and various other apple deliciousnesses. (I love how my computer recognizes "deliciousness" as a word but not "deliciousnesses"...)
Here's a really cute picture of a yarn apple just because I feel awkward posting a picture-less post. Source

No comments:

Post a Comment