Sunday, October 30, 2011

Christmas

I miss Christmas. Luckily, however, I only have to wait two more weeks before it comes back into my life. This will be the longest two weeks of my life. 
I don't really care about the present aspect of Christmas. I just REALLY like the lights and carols and glitter (so. much. glitter.) and nice feeling that permeates everything that encompasses Christmas. In my opinion, fall and winter smell the best out of all the seasons. (Think: summer smells like the beach-- dead fish--, sunscreen-- tons of chemicals--, and heat. Fall and winter smell like clean air-- for some reason, the cold just makes everything a lot clearer--, awesomepossum spices and herbs, and different baked goods and soul foods.) They also just look the best.
I just love the classy and whimsical look that Christmas has. I mean, a gorgeous dark green tree COVERED in glittery balls, different clay figurines, and thousands of kilowatt-Hours worth of colored and white lights. How can it get better than that??? It can't. No way, no how.
And I LOVE Christmas movies. They're amazing. So cute. Miracle on 34th Street, The Santa Clause, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.
Source
 From Biltmore. That place is SO pretty around Christmas time
This was me crafting a wreath at my Christmas table... In the middle of July. The antlers on my head? Yeah. I made those last November.

My demented Christmas fairy look. It will be brought out again today. Like my antlers? I made EVERY SINGLE BIT of them. I've since added WAY more bracelets. Like, 5x more.
Source
Can't wait to see this jolly old fellow this year. This will be Bug's first Christmas!! My grandparents normally take my brother and I out to look at Christmas lights. It's so much fun. I can't wait to get a picture of Bug on Santa's lap.

My front yard last year. My uncle came to visit and brought snow with him. I told him that he could've left the snow up north. But no. Oh well. It was pretty.

A close-up of our pretty big tree. I love how very mish-mosh it is. And so many lights.

A picture of some yard that my mama went to visit last year. These people really went all-out. It's gorgeous!

I'll be sure to post more about Christmas later. Such as the stories of my cats and the various decorations. (Zoe LOVES to play in our tree. Like, climb it, sit inside, and just watch you. It's so cute.)

No comments:

Post a Comment