Sunday, June 3, 2012

Travels

Hey, guys! I'm back from a too-long absence. School's out so I'll have a lot more time to blog, which is nice. However, I don't know exactly what to blog about. So, if you guys could help, that'd be lovely. Now onto the real post.


I love traveling. (Which is funny because I absolutely suck at geography. Like, I didn't know where Delaware was. Even worse? I didn't know that it was a state!) There are so many places I would love to travel to, mostly in Europe. Actually, all but one is in Europe.
I think it'd be fun to go to South America and Mexico, but those places aren't very safe for Americans. Same with parts of Asia and Eastern Europe. I'm sure they're very nice places (if they weren't, I doubt many people would visit there) but my nationality is a large hindrance.
However, this isn't a post about my fortunate/unfortunate global placement. This is a post about where I want to travel. So, in no particular order, here we go.

1. Manhattan, New York. It is my favorite place on the entire face of the earth. I love that city. It's just so busy and bright and fast and full. Like, you never get bored in New York. Honestly, I would love to live there, even if it's only for a little while. It's such a magical city.
Source

2. Milan, Italy. I really just want to explore all of Italy. It seems like such a romantic country. Plus, it would be nice to see where my family comes from. But I mostly just want to visit Italy for Italy.
Source
3. Florence, Italy. Again, it's Italy and a famous Italian city. 
Source
4. Venice, Italy. I don't think it's possible to go to Italy and not see Venice. I'd be willing to say that it's probably the second-most famous Italian city there is. (Rome is first, of course. Fun fact: I didn't know that Rome was part of Italy until sixth grade.)
Source
5. Athens, Greece. We're hopping off the Italian train for a little bit. But don't worry, we're still staying in the Mediterranean. Greece is so full of history and beauty, I'd just love to see it. (Fun fact: The Parthenon directly correlates with the Fibonacci spiral. Another fun fact: I don't know if this is the Parthenon or not. I sure hope so!)
Source
6. Barcelona, Spain. I just really want to see it. It looks so romantic and graceful and old. I can't really explain why I want to see these places. I just do!
Source
7. Rome, Italy. Choo choo! Italy Express is back on the tracks! Haha but just for a second. Rome is the most famous Italian city (in my mind) and I would just love to see it.
Source
8. London, England. It's London. It just is. It explains itself. LONDON!
Source
9. Paris, France. Everybody says that Parisians are snobby. But their city is darling.
Source
10. Munich, Germany. It just looks so nice and I want to visit all of the famous European countries/cities. Well, the "safe" ones.
Source

Now, by all means, this isn't every city I want to visit. Just a small handful, a select few. Almost like a preview to my world travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment