Friday, August 17, 2012

Bucket List

Most people make a bucket list of things to do before they die. Mine is a little different. I have 80 years before I die. These are things I want to do before I have kids, and settle down. I know that having kids doesn't ruin your life or mean that you can't have fun anymore. But, once you see some of the things on this list, you'll kind of get it. So, here we go!

  1. Finish my ear piercings. I currently have three in each lobe. However, I want a lot more. In my left ear, I want seven going up my ear, so it's basically ringed in earrings. In my right ear, I want four going up my lobe, two in my helix, and I want to try to do my industrial. I don't know if the industrial will be possible, though. 
  2. I want to try and get as many tattoos in as I can. I don't mind getting tatted with kids, but I still want quite a few before kids. There are other posts of tattoos I want, but I'm going to give a quick gloss-over anyway.
    • Notes from my parents
    • This one will have to wait until I have kids, because I want their tiny feetprint "walking" up my side
    • A Tinkerbell with "To die would be an awfully big adventure" on the back of my neck
    • "The crownless again shall be king"
    • A frog with a chef's hat and a whisk
    • "Be humble for you are made of earth, be noble for you are made of stars."
    • "We are such stuff as dreams are made on"
    • "And the light shineth in the darkness, and the darkness comprehended it not."
    • Portraits of Audrey Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe on my feet
    • The "Eat Me" cookies on the inside of my left heel, and the "Drink Me" vial on the inside of my right heel
  3. Go to bartender school. I just think that it would be really, really cool to learn how to be a bartender. And I'd be massively popular at parties. =)
  4. Swim with sharks. I would love to walk around on the bottom of the ocean, but cage diving works, too. It's actually really funny. I do not like the beach at all, whatsoever. But I adore marine life. Except eels. They're scary. And barracuda.
  5. Try out for a roller derby team. Even if I don't make it, I at least want to try.
  6. Tour Europe. This is really one of the biggest things I want to do. I think it would be really fun.
  7. Learn more languages. I'm a native English speaker, and I can speak halfway conversational Spanish. But I want to learn to at least speak halfway conversational French, Italian, and maybe German.
  8. Get my cosmetology license. If everything goes as planned, I should be able to do this before I finish high school. 
  9. Find my dream job. Though cosmetology and being a bartender are fine careers, and I'm not disrespecting anybody that does them, I don't want to do that for the rest of my life. As of right now, I really want to go into sex-and-sexuality education.
  10. Take nonsensical college classes. Even if they don't have anything to do with my major, I still want to take fun classes. Even if it means having to go back to college just for a class. Like Human Behavioral Biology, Psychology, Women's Studies, there are so many classes that sound like fun.
  11. Learn to play the piano. I actually think that this would be really, really fun. 
  12. Take ballet classes long enough so I can dance on pointe. I don't want to be a prima ballerina, but I think dancing on pointe is so gorgeous.
  13. Sing opera. This is kind of ridiculous because I can't manage to just sing normally in front of my classmates. 
  14. This one is just something I want to do before I die. There's a list of over 100 of the most famous books that most people haven't read. I want to read the majority of them. And, for my age, I've read quite a few. Out of 102 books, I have read 14. There are many more on that list that I have started, but haven't finished. I have a thing about needing to hold books, and most of the ones I started were on Kindle. So I am going to work on those.
  15. Go to Mardi Gras. I know this sounds silly, but I think it would be fun. 
  16. Go on a road trip with friends. I would love to do this in high school. Just take a group of friends, drive to Atlanta, and spend a night or so there.
I'm sure there are more things that are on my bucket list, but I can't remember them. So, for now, that will have to do. What's on your bucket list? What are things that you wish you would have done? "I figure life's a gift, and I don't intend on wasting it."

No comments:

Post a Comment